Just had to share this awesome recipe I found on Veggietorials.com! Its easy to prepare and you can make it as hot, spicy or even as sweet as you like. And it makes for a super healthy and hearty snack or side dish. Let me know what you think 🙂
You will need:
8×8 baking dish
2 medium sized sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
5 cloves roasted garlic
1 large orange zested and juiced
1 tablespoon chili powder spice blend
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup salsa or your favorite hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Wash and scrub sweet potatoes,cut into wedges.
3. Whisk orange juice,chili powder,roasted garlic and salt in a small bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings. If you prefer a dish with more heat, add the salsa or hot sauce.If you fancy a sweeter flavor, add the agave nectar.
4. Spray baking dish with vegetable oil and arrange sweet potato wedges in an even layer. Pour orange juice mixture over the sweet potatoes and cover with foil.Bake covered for 45minutes or just until the sweet potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
5. Remove foil and turn up the oven to 425F degrees. Braise the sweet potatoes with the juices and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Garnish with orange zest.Serve as a side dish or over rice and beans with a green salad for a complete meal.
More quick and healthy recipes to come!
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zoetikmovement