I am always on the lookout for new recipes and I thought this one was a quick and easy recipe for anyone to try. I found this great recipe at an awesome foodie blog called You Can’t Eat That. Just had to share it with you because its simple, easy to make, and delicious. I tweaked it little when I made it ( I used a vegan alternative to the margarine), but you can follow the directions exactly and get a really delicious snack 🙂
- 3/4 cup margarine (you can forgo the supermarket margarine, for one at your local health food store)
- 1/3 cup sugar (you can use cane sugar, or another natural sweetener)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond or rice milk (you can use soy as well, if you prefer)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups quick cooking or rolled oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Cream together the margarine and sugars until smooth. Add vanilla and milk and mix well.
2. Add flour, baking soda and spices until well mixed.
3. Stir in oats and cranberries. I prefer to chop the cranberries into smaller pieces so there are more of them in the cookies and are easier to eat.
4. Spoon 1 1/2 inch balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until done.
More delicious and healthy recipes coming soon 🙂
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zoetikmovement